The Cato CRUD Generator
Just a quick note here that I've created a website for my Cato CRUD Generator app. Cato is a template based code generator that works with any programming language or tool, including Java, PHP, XML, Spring Framework, Drupal, and pretty much any other programming tool.
As you'll see on that website, Cato is a simple PHP app, and after you take about a minute to configure the connection to your database, Cato is ready to start generating source code based on your database table definitions.
Because Cato is driven by templates that you can create or modify, you can generate any kind of source code file that can be derived from your database tables. This includes Java model, database, controller, and view files, including JSP, Servlet, JSF, Struts, Spring Framework, and Hibernate files. Cato can also generate source code for your PHP applications, including plain old PHP model and DAO files, Symfony, Drupal, Wordpress, CakePHP, and other PHP files.
As you can imagine, Cato can also generate files for C, C++, C#, .NET, Ruby, Python, Objective C, XML, and any other programming language or tool.
For more information, please see the Cato CRUD Generator website, including the Cato screenshots and video.
Recent blog posts
- Good Scala programming resources (i.e., how to learn Scala)
- Over 150 Scala programming tutorials
- On software productivity and generating CRUD code
- CU Boulder team develops 'swarm' robots
- Generating CRUD forms for the Play Framework 2
- Great Scala learning resources
- Over 125 Scala tutorials
- Two new Scala video tutorials
- Mobiplug home connectivity (Boulder, Colorado), and SARAH
- My new book: 'You want me to do what? A Survival Guide for New Consultants'